Customize your theme with a course catalog
One means of customizing your organization’s site is to add access to a course catalog. This gives clients the opportunity to view all your course offerings and read a description of your course. When access to the course catalog is enabled, a navigation button is added to the top of the web page. This course catalog navigation button can be made visible on the login page and/or after a client has logged into your site. You can specify that all courses are added to the course catalog by default, and you have the ability to set whether each individual course is available to be seen in the course catalog. Also, if you have the course catalog available from the login page, then you can set whether the course’s profile page is accessible to be viewed by users who have not logged in.
Several options are available in the course catalog. The page’s title defaults to read “Course Catalog”, but you can have that changed to a custom title. You have the option to show your courses in our Simple Course Catalog view, which displays the courses as tiles, with this option, an image can be added to each course and it allows you to create custom filters for the catalog. The other option is our Classic Course Catalog view, which shows all the courses in a list by title and with the standard search by title filter.
New or Featured courses can be highlighted with an icon. Each organization can set the length of time either of these icons shows beside one of their own custom courses. Featured courses also are placed at the top of the course list.
Courses can also be customized. You have the option of adding a course description to any of your courses. Course descriptions show on the course catalog and the course profile page. Each course profile has a description section where links can be added and the text can be formatted using HTML.
Course Catalog Features Summary
• Add a navigation button to access the course catalog
• Enable viewing of your organization’s courses – on login page or after login
• Customize the title of your course catalog
• Simple course catalog view
– Show as tiles
– Add an image for each course
– Customized filters
• Classic course catalog
• Show New or Featured courses from Course Catalog and Find Courses
• Settings to show courses on Course Catalog
– Enable new courses to show in the course catalog by default on the organization profile
– Enable/disable individual courses to show on course catalog
– Enable/disable individual courses to allow anonymous access to the course profile page
• Add an HTML description of your course