The Web is fundamentally designed to work for all people, whatever their hardware, software, language, location, or ability. When the Web meets this goal, it is accessible to people with a diverse range of hearing, movement, sight, and cognitive ability. In this update, we have made several improvements to student facing pages to ensure they are accessble to all students.
- The Sign In dialog choices now have dotted outlines when they are in focus.
- Section 508 accessibility compliance updates.
- System messages and temporary status messages will now stay open until you close them or leave the page. In addition, if you are using a screen reader, the messages and their Close (X) button are now read when you tab to them.
- The Course Image on the Course Profile page now has the ALT text attribute.
- Pages available to students have been parsed correctly.
- The Search link on the Course Profile page has been hidden for students. They should use the Course Catalog, if available to search for courses.
- The tabs on the Simple Course Assignment page now wrap if the window is zoomed or resized to be smaller. In addition, if you are using a screen reader, the tabs are now read as part of a list including their number in the list and their status at point of focus and selection. The tabs’ contents are also read when you enter the tab and give it focus.