Over the past two decades, we’ve literally traveled around the world dozens of times working on events. During that time, we’ve learned what you need and, most importantly, what you don’t. One of the biggest mistakes you can do is pack too much! Never be afraid to leave things behind. As long as you have a passport and some money, everything else is gravy.
Having said that, there are some things your suitcase shouldn’t be without when going to a conference or event. […]
The company that makes it simple to create, manage and deliver digital learning experiences just made it much simpler for their employees to make positive impacts in their local communities.
The new policy which was introduced in November but goes into full effect this year allows full-time employees who have worked for Learn On Demand Systems for at least six months to be eligible for three days of paid time off per calendar year in order to volunteer for a verifiable community service project or charitable organization.
As a company that works 100% remotely with employees in the […]
Planning a technical conference is a big undertaking and involves challenges you might not normally come across in non-technical conferences. As part of our experiences with attending and assisting with these conferences, we have come up with a list of things to avoid.
- Not enough power! If you have attendees at a technical conference, you will invariably have attendees who will have devices with them. They are more likely to be taking notes, researching topics, copying information given or posting on social media about the event using a device rather than a notepad. So, ensure you have the power to […]
TMS Classes can now be created and updated through the API!
You can now author a lab in your choice of English, French, German, Korean, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese or Spanish and have all the UI elements match. Simply set the lab to the language of choice and our lab client will run in that language. You will still need to author instructions and pop up notifications in your target language, but all platform-generated text is handled automatically, such as:
• IDL (legacy) lab editor
Join Learn on Demand System’s Chief Product Officer Ben Watson and Senior Product Manager Ashley Neace for a deep dive session on the new instructional design model that has everyone talking! Challenge-based learning, which gives students challenges to solve on their own with guidance as needed, is almost the complete reversal of traditional ‘listen then do’ training. This learning-by-doing approach is proving to be highly effective and flexible when done right. But where do you start?
- Learn about the new instructional design models of Challenge Based Learning.
When you think of a cyber range, you probably think about a lot of hardware, a time-consuming set-up and a ton of money. Something that’s difficult to build and maintain, and not easily deployed. Learn on Demand Systems is out to change that. In this webinar, Brian Bork will take you through the ways Learn on Demand Systems empowers you to quickly build, deliver and scaling a new kind of cyber range.
What You’ll learn:
- Why Cyber Ranges aren’t out of reach for your company.
- The theory behind reimagined cyber ranges.
- How to build & deploy […]
Whether you are investing in new software or creating customer or employee training on your own, practice via hands-on labs is a must. Benefits range from cost savings to knowledge retention to post-training access. But, creating effective virtual labs can feel like a daunting task. To make it a bit easier for you, we’ve compiled our top 8 tips:
- Be direct. Ensure your instructions use the imperative mood. Start your lab step instructions with verbs, for example, “Select the folder..”, “Click the icon…”, Remove the file…”
- Use the second person (“You”), if you are addressing the […]