It is now possible to use a SATA disk controller in VMware based labs.
- My Labs page now displays the virtualization platform and cloud platform used for lab profiles in the Favorites section.
- Special characters can now be added to cloud credential pools when adding credentials to a pool.
- Special characters can now be used in a password when creating or editing a user profile.
- When a lab profile uses a theme with custom CSS, it is applied to the lab instruction editor as well as the lab.
- When the portal window is closed on a Cloud Slice lab, portal links in the lab instructions will now reopen the portal […]
If you allow users to create their accounts from your login page, you can now choose which fields from the User Registration form are required to be completed. If you use the Basic User Registration form, any fields you have requested to be required will be added to the form as required. To request this customization to your User Registration form, please create a Support ticket on our customer support page, https://lods.one/support.
Here is the list of fields you can choose to be required:
If you use class vouchers to create classes, and have assigned any that won’t be used for enrollments in the class, you can request to have them released and made available to you to assign to a different class. To request that vouchers be released from a class, please create a Support ticket on our customer support page, https://lods.one/support.
As an instructor or administrator, with the proper permissions, you can now manually issue badges to students. This allows you to add a badge to a student rather than only having badges issued automatically by meeting the requirements to earn an achievement. As an administrator, you can be do this from the class roster or from individual course assignments. As an instructor, you are limited to using the class roster. On the course assignment, you can issue one badge at a time. On the class roster, however, you can issue multiple badges to multiple students in the class. Note: Students […]
We have made the following enhancements and fixes to our TMS:
The logos for the TMS and IT Pro Challenges will now show as favicons on the browser tabs.
To make it faster to select instructors to assign to a class, Class Schedulers can now filter the Choose Instructor dialog by those preferred by their organization. This requires that Operations Managers designate those instructors on the Preferred Instructors tab of the Organization profile.
To better assist their students, instructors will now be able to view the Lab Instance Profile pages to see labs launched by students in their classes.
Users will now be able […]
- It is now possible to add a virtual machine to a lab belonging to a different series. Previously, the VM chooser dialog was permanently filtered against the lab’s series. Now, this filter can be removed if desired.
- Files and folders within storage management pages are now always sorted in alphabetical order.
- Life Cycle Actions now indicate if they are disabled without the need to edit the LCA.
- Fixed a bug that prevented search pages from functioning when using Internet Explorer.
To make the Organization Profile more efficient and easier for you as Operations Managers to use, we have modified the Basic Information and Preferences Tabs. The Basic Information tab is now available to you, but the Name field is view-only. The Preferences tab has had all the fields you need for your organization moved here. These fields have been organized into the following sections for ease: Business Settings, User Settings, Class Settings (which has subsections), Course Settings, Default Surveys for new Courses and Classes and Miscellaneous Settings. Several fields have been renamed for clarity.
Basic Information tab:
For quicker user registration, the Basic Anonymous User Registration form has been updated. The user can now select their time zone from a dropdown. If your organization does not participate in achievements, the Participate in Achievements field will now be unchecked and greyed out. Otherwise it will be checked by default. The Enable Notifications checkbox will now default to your organization’s setting. Finally, we have removed the LinkedIn and Twitter fields.
As an Operations Manager, you can now add End User License Agreements (EULAs) to your publishing groups. Any student who takes a class or course assignment based on any course in the publishing group will have to agree to the EULA before they can launch the activities in the course. This new functionality facilitates our transition to Publishing Groups in place of Content Providers.