The World Health Organization recently declared COVID-19 a global pandemic. While fear and uncertainty may dominate your thoughts, please rest assured that Learn on Demand Systems will not be a source of worry.
Since we are a 100% work-from-home company, the risk of disruption in our day-to-day operations is very minimal. Still, we have taken steps to further reduce the potential impact of COVID-19 on our staff and their families.
As part of our strategy to both protect and prepare our company, as well as ensure we can provide full service to customers, we have implemented the following:
- We have eliminated all non-critical travel for staff to reduce the risk of exposure. This includes our quarterly co-work meetings.
- Our spring Lab Developer Conference has been canceled and will be replaced with a free virtual event. Details on this event will be posted soon.
- We have implemented an updated sick leave policy to ensure that employees who may be affected by COVID-19 have adequate time to recover.
- We have accelerated our upgrade plans for our datacenters to stay ahead of the increasing demand for virtual deliveries, with special attention to our EU-North datacenter.
- We are waiving select onboarding fees for new customers.
- We have made our oneLearn Training Management System free for all customers.
- We have created additional integration points in the oneLearn Training Management System that streamline using platforms such as Zoom or Microsoft Teams for virtual deliveries.
- We are offering free lab developer accounts for customers who wish to get started migrating to online challenge-centric learning.
We are confident that, while the next few months may be a time of great economic and social uncertainty, we will collectively come out of this with stronger communities, teams and solutions. The rapid increase in the numbers of work-from-home employees and the demands for better remote learning solutions will spur tremendous innovation in our industry.
We wish you the best, and we stand ready to assist you.
Corey J. Hynes
Learn on Demand Systems
Frequently Asked Questions
How much of your infrastructure can be operated remotely?
Are staff enabled to work 100% from home?
We have always been a 100% work remote company.
What are contingency plans for full office closure?
We do not have any offices.
With staff sickness, how many would have to be lost to have an impact on customers?
All members of core teams are already geographically distributed. Core roles and functions are redundant, and processes are documented per our SOC 2 certification . A core team would be impacted if over 50% were unable to work.
What additional continuity planning is being done?
Each team is reviewing their staffing contingency plans for at-risk profile employees.
If you have additional questions, please contact us here.