Soon courses will only be available to be used in classes and course assignments if they are part of a publishing group. Therefore, to assist LODS staff and Operations Managers in identifying courses that don’t belong to a publishing group, these courses now have a message at the top of the profile that states This course must be added to a Publishing Group to be available to use. In addition, we have added a Has Publishing Group filter and output option to Find Courses.
With the proper permissions, achievements can now be made globally available. Your organization has the ability to opt in or out of global achievements when it has achievements enabled. Opting in allows your students to earn these achievements. This eliminates the need to mark “Enable achievements for outside organizations” on courses.
To help those who schedule classes and plan the logistics for instructors, we have added two new output options on the Instructor Schedule: City and Country. When turned on these will display the city and country the instructor is from if that data is in their profile.
Note: The instructor names in the picture are fictitious.
You can now sort the Output Options list on search pages and Chooser dialogs alphabetically or by groups (traditional method). Many of these pages and dialogs have large output options lists. The new Sort Alphabetically/Sort by Group toggle at the top of the lists help you to find the output options you are looking for faster.
Note: The 2CSS custom fields are fictitious fields that are only shown to demonstrate that custom fields are included in the sort.
We have made the following enhancements to our TMS:
- For accessibility purposes, screen readers now correctly read the Login Assistance page.
- We now prevent users from being created through the API for organizations that have been disabled.
- All users created through the API will now have Enable Notifications set for them automatically.
- You can no longer save a class with a Custom Virtual Classroom delivery without the URL for the classroom.
- Instructors with the Response viewing (by instructor class) permission will now be able to export survey results from their classes.
- New subscriptions can now be saved without an expiration […]
We have made the following enhancements to our TMS:
- Announcements can now be set to be seen by all organizations by LODS employees. These type of announcements will not happen often and will normally be targeted to Operation Managers only. If you do not want your organization to receive these announcements, please contact support.
- To make our platform more accessible for all of our students, two more accessibility enhancements have been added to meet MAS –
- If you use a screen reader, the HTML content of an announcement is now read;
- If you use the keyboard to navigate and/or a […]
You and your instructors can now manually issue certain badges from the class roster, with the proper supplemental roles. This provides you the flexibility of determining if the badge requirements have been met by a user through the class and possibly other ways not monitored by the TMS. For instance, if the badge is not tied to an achievement for the class, but you feel the class’ content meets the badge’s requirements, you could manually issue it. Badges must be marked to enable manual issuance to be available for this. Help articles for administrators and instructors will be coming soon.
In our continuing effort to improve accessibility for all our students and meet MAS standards, we have made the following improvements:
- When a sight-impaired user encounters errors in saving changes to their profile,
- The focus will now automatically return to the first error field.
- The color contrast of the error messages has been enhanced.
- When using keyboard navigation,
- The user will now see an outline on the Save button when it has focus.
- The user will now be able to navigate the User menu with the arrow keys. Some screen reader programs may interfere with this capability.
- For Screen reader […]
Operations managers, you now have an easy way to view which badges are attached to which achievements and to filter for achievements with a certain badge attached. We have added the Badge output option to the Find Achievements page. This column will display the name of the badge attached to the achievement. The name is a link to the badge profile. If no badge is attached to the achievement, the column will be empty for that achievement.
You can also filter the results for those achievements that have a certain badge attached using one of two filters. The Badge Name […]
We have made the following improvements to our TMS:
- For our users who use screen readers, we changed the Edit User’s Basic Information tab for improved accessibility. The page no longer contains a table around the fields. This change was to meet MAS standards and reduce confusion by screen readers.
- For managers, we have removed the Manager/Supervisor tab and the Fax field from the Contact tab on the Organization Profile. This streamlines the profile by removing items that are not used.